Client Assistant Position for PSW
(CASUAL, shifts may include evening and Saturdays)
Seniors Life Enhancement Centres is a progressive non-profit adult day program located in Oakville located close to Winston-Churchill Blvd and the QEW serving residents from across the Mississauga and Halton Regions. Our Vision is about “Transforming Lives through Purposeful Living” founded in the values of Believing anything is possible, Love and Excellence.
We provide Adult Day Programming services during the day for seniors at our Centre who have memory impairments, frailties, and/or are physically disabled.
Along with offering support for ADL, our staff are involved in the provision of an array of health support services and assisted social/recreational programming enriching the lives of our clients while offering respite to their families.
- Assists clients in performing activities of daily living including personal care, toileting, hand washing, client transfers and mobility and other activities according to clients’ Care Plan.
- Assists in the implementation and delivery of a variety of activity programs for clients.
- Assists with the preparation and delivery of meals
- Light cleaning duties including laundry, dish washing and general clean up.
- Participates in the maintenance of the Centre’s physical space.
- Responsible for producing documentation required as part of the role.
- Identifies and participates in education that will enhance ability to serve clients, program, organization and professional development.
- Participates in quality improvement projects.
- Abides by all Policy and Procedures
- Performs other related duties as requested from time to time by the supervisory staff members.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Personal Support Worker Certificate with working experience providing personal care to older persons.
- First Aid and CPR certification as required
- Safe Food Handling Certificate an asset
- One year previous experience in a related field preferred or a combination of education and experience will be considered
- Knowledge of the physical, social and psychological aspects of the aging process
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience in activation an asset
Qualified candidates should forward their resumes by 4:00pm. January 26 , 2018 to:
Jackie Silva, Program Coordinator
Seniors Life Enhancement Centres
2030 Bristol Circle Suite 120
Oakville, ON L6H 0H2
Fax : (905) 829-9050
Thank you for your interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SLEC welcomes and encourages applications from those with disabilities and will make every effort to
accommodate any needs of candidates under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with
Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process