Check here for postings.
Full Time Position (75 hours bi-weekly),
*includes two evenings per week and two weekends per month.
Seniors Life Enhancement Centres is a charitable, community organization that provides Adult Day Programs for seniors in Mississauga, who have memory impairments, frailties, or are physically disabled. We are currently seeking an Activity Coordinator.
- Plans, implements and participates in a variety of therapeutic, social and recreational activities for clients
- Plans, implements and participates in special events, outings and entertainment
- Assists clients in performing activities of daily living
- Maintains client records and individual plans of service
- Works cooperatively with team members
- Communicates effectively with the team members, clients, volunteers and caregivers
Knowledge, Education and Skill Requirements:
- A degree or diploma in recreation, activation or gerontology or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in the Gerontology field an asset
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficiency in the use of computers
- Ability to work independently - in a team setting.
- Knowledge of the physical, social and psychological aspects of the aging process
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate
Qualified candidates should forward their resumes by 4:00pm. June 19, 2013 to:
Heidi Yerxa, Executive Director
Seniors Life Enhancement Centres
2041 Cliff Rd
Mississauga ON L5A 3N8
Fax : (905) 279-1612
Thank you for your interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.